At least 24 people have been killed and 23 injured after a building collapsed in Cambodia, trapping workers under rubble, officials have said.
The seven-storey concrete building collapsed on Friday in the coastal town of Kep, about 160 kilometres south-west of the capital Phnom Penh.
It came a year after another construction site collapsed, killing 28 people in Preah Sihanouk province.
“Twenty-four people have died so far,” Kep Governor Ken Satha said.
“Three of the bodies are not yet at hospital, they have not been pulled out yet.”
An unknown number of workers remained trapped, Mr Satha said, adding that authorities had detained a Cambodian couple, the owners of the building, for questioning.
Prime Minister Hun Sen said rescuers were still struggling to reach those missing in the rubble.
Cambodia is undergoing a construction boom to serve growing crowds of Chinese tourists and investors.