South Australia has confirmed two cases of the potentially fatal coronavirus, taking the national total to 11.
The Chinese couple in their 60s from the city of Wuhan, the epicentre of the outbreak, were visiting family in South Australia.
It comes after Victoria confirmed its fourth case, earlier on Saturday.
SA Health Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier confirmed the state’s two new cases have been admitted to hospital.
“These cases were people that have come from Wuhan, China. They are visiting relatives in South Australia,” she said.
“They have followed all of the procedures and information that they have been asked to through communicable disease control branch.”
They developed symptoms and were tested at a public hospital before self-isolating at home. Their relative has been tested, with results pending.
“We do not think there have been any contacts with anybody else in the state and they have been in self-isolation for the required time,” she said.
A fourth person has been diagnosed with coronavirus in Victoria, taking the national total to 10 confirmed cases.
The latest Victoria case was a woman in her 20s, who tested positive on Friday, according to the state’s Chief Health Officer Dr Brett Sutton.
Dr Sutton said the Melbourne resident is now “recovering at home with the respiratory illness”.
She spent time in the Chinese city of Wuhan and returned to Victoria on 25 January, before becoming unwell two days later.
She was seen by doctors at a Melbourne hospital five days later before being cleared to recover at home.
“The woman is not considered to have been infectious on her flight to Melbourne. Since then, she has remained at home and isolated and has had no visitors,” Dr Sutton said.
“There are therefore no public exposure sites and the department has not identified any close contacts that require follow up.”
He said there are 13 pending results for coronavirus tests and a total of 149 negative results, in Victoria.
It comes after the World Health Organisation declared the virus a public health emergency and ahead of the evacuation of Australians stranded at the epicentre of the outbreak to Christmas Island.
More than 250 people have died in China so far and nearly 12,000 cases are confirmed.