A 67-year-old Western Australian man accused of multiple sexual abuse offences against two girls has been refused bail in the Perth Magistrates Court.
Peter Frederick Humes has been charged with sexually assaulting one of the girls over a six-month period, which is alleged to have begun in November last year.
It is alleged the girl — who was 10 years old when she was first abused — was tied up and physically assaulted.
The man has also been charged with indecently dealing with another girl — who was five years old when the abuse allegedly began — between August 2018 and May this year.
He appeared in court this morning, but details of the hearing were supressed by Magistrate Donna Webb.
Detectives from WA’s child abuse squad recently charged the man with 17 offences, including:
- Four counts of indecently dealing with a child under 13 years;
- Four counts of aggravated assault;
- Three counts of deprivation of liberty;
- Persistent sexual conduct with a child under 16; and
- Possessing methamphetamine.
He was remanded in custody.